Women of Color in Philanthropy: Centering Community and Advancing Equity in New Mexico
Thursday, October 14, 2021 | 2:30pm – 4pm MT
Join the Building Movement Project for a conversation on deepening relationships, centering community, and advancing equity with four women of color in philanthropy in New Mexico. Hear about their experiences and pathways into the sector, how they build connections and center community needs, and their roles in challenging the status quo in New Mexico.
We will be joined by Michelle Gutiérrez (W. K. Kellogg Foundation), JoAnn Melchor (New Mexico Foundation), Nichole Rogers (Welstand Foundation), and Dolores Roybal (Sante Fe Community Foundation).
- Moderator: Alicia Lueras Maldonado, Consultant at Building Movement Project
- Panelist: Dolores Roybal, Board Member at the Sante Fe Community Foundation
- Panelist: Michelle Gutiérrez, Program Officer at the W. K. Kellogg Foundation
- Panelist: JoAnn Melchor, President & CEO of the New Mexico Foundation
- Panelist: Nichole Rogers, Founder of the Welstand Foundation