Every individual has something to contribute to their community—a personal legacy to share with the people and places they love.
At New Mexico Foundation (NMF), we offer a range of creative planned giving options to help you develop a plan for a personal legacy gift that will be shared through NMF grants and other special community-based programs and projects of your client’s choosing.
We work with donors whose wide-ranging backgrounds and interests reflect the unique diversity of New Mexico. While some wish to support a favorite area of interest, others choose to invest in a flexible and permanent fund that allows NMF to channel resources where they are needed most. No matter how you choose to give, your belief in philanthropy as a conduit to community change will provide long-lasting benefits to New Mexico.
WHAT IS A PLANNED GIFT?
A planned gift:
- Is formally planned to meet your charitable goals
- Is made during your lifetime or upon death
- Is usually a gift of assets, not income
- Reduces taxes
- Provides income to you for a set period of time
- Is available over time, and often in perpetuity
TYPES OF PLANNED GIFTS
The most common tools for planned giving include:
- Life insurance
- Retirement and other accounts
- Charitable gift annuities
- Charitable trusts
- Highly appreciated property
- Wills or living trusts
For more information contact Carla Melendez, Finance Director, at 505.356.4116 or email@example.com